The Pool - Return to Serenity

"Revenge is what people do when they can't walk away"

Day One
======

I hate black water. It makes my skin crawl and my face itch. What I hate more than black water is water that smells like rotting flesh mixed with what can only be described as stale chinese that has spent an eternity in a refridgerator. Time has passed for me and I now wield two katanas in my hand. My left hand has become stronger over time and I have come back here to enjoy the solitude that I once enjoyed in this quiet place. However, that solitude is quickly ruined by people bustling around and polluting the tranquility with their chatter and disrespect for silence. I stand still in the water hoping that they will go away after they are done with their 'business'. Sometimes it is just better to leave people where they belong -- out of my life and out of my mind. I slowly close my eyes and try to block out any noise and external movement. My muscles slowly reach a state of relaxation as the two blades I hold in my hand slowly move around in the black water that I had left.

Day 113
======

I open my eyes after I am rudely bought out of my meditative state by an even louder sound of people fighting and causing a ruckus. I watch as some of them have started decaying and don't look like their former selves anymore. One of them looks at me and I can see the lifelessness in his eyes. An empty casing watching me as if I don't belong in the very place I have taken care of for a long time now. His face is rotting and his right arm's skin has become extremely pale, revealing the bone under it. I look at him with a sense of pity as he is fighting with another gentleman who is undergoing the same metamorphosis. I close my eyes once again in the hopes that this will stop.

Day 211
======

It's become quiet and I feel a cold breeze that brings me back to reality as I open my eyes and look around the pool. It's cold and the wind runs a chill down my spine as I see everyone standing around the pool looking at me with what can only be described as anger. Some of them have lost most of their facial skin and have teeth that are more browner than the Nescafe that I am used to in the mornings. One of them opens its mouth and starts to say something that I can't decipher. I assume it is talking in English and I really can't make out what it is saying. I attribute this to the fact that I have been in stasis for so long that my auditory senses are not working at their optimum best but that is quickly forgotten as one of them jumps in the pool and starts to make its way towards me.

My reaction, the only one really, is to tighten my grip on both katanas and wait for the intentions of the creature to be shown. It wades through the water and comes closer. I can smell the stink of hate, disgust and every other negative human emotion as it reaches closer. I still ponder about what its going to do and then it happens. A raise arm reveals fingernails and the look in its eye has changed to one of hatred as it tries to swing its hand towards me. I move to the side and swing my right hand towards its head. The next sound I hear is the splash of water as its head makes it way into the pool. A sense of regret now comes over me as I never intended to destroy the sacrilidge of this place but I know what needs to be done. 

I start to make my way out of the pool as the others watch me with lots of interest. They are now in a state of wonder as I start to get out of the pool. I begin to walk away with the intention of simply leaving the place when a lady comes forth from the crowd and says 'You are no better than the rest of us. If you had just conformed to the way things are now your life would be easier'. I stop walking. My mind starts to race again and remember a time when the pool was clear, the sky was blue and the sound of silence soothed me. I look at my hands and see the blood stains slowly drying up due to the cold weather. I look at the way out and then back at the crowd. I know now what must be done.

I walk towards the lady and look her in the eyes. Any humanity had left her body a long time ago and all I was looking at now was a shell of the actual person she used to be. I quickly dispatch her with the blade in my left hand and look at the others. My eyes no longer show compassion or any state of calm. I start running towards them dispatching them one by one. My anger fuels any lack of strength and leaves me energized for the next kill. Slowly and steadily I begin to kill them all. I tell myself 'It is the only way'

Day 313
======

It is now quiet again and I am tired. I look at all the dead bodies and wonder what I am going to do with them. My gut instinct tells me to leave but they look out of place next to the pool. I start dragging them and place each of them in the pool. The stink that earlier repulsed me has now become rather pleasant as I start stashing them one over the other in the pool.

Day 317
======

It's all done now and the water has started flowing out of the pool. I smile to myself as the serenity of the place I visited very often has now been restored. As a final act, I lock the gates and get back in the pool. Body parts cramp me a little bit but that has never bothered me. It will be night soon and when I open my eyes again all of this will be gone ...

Music Listened to while writing this blog - None
Mood - Catalytic

1 comments:

  Anonymous

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Correct me if I am wrong,meditation is your ignorance to the malice in the world, katana your skill which you never excercise unless absolutely need to, pool a place where you like to be and the night the end of something.

In all a splendid read.