Death Incarnate - Return to the Pool

Wednesday May 13th, 2009

"Success is just a bonus on the road to continual improvement" - Me

As I survey my surroundings, I become aware of the silence that is masked in the warm summer evening. The pool is completely dry now and it resembles the cracks I had seen in a video by Bon Jovi called Dry County (Citation required but who cares). I take a walk around the pool as I survey what was once a lush and fertile environment. The trees have shed all their leaves and look like old people that have lost all the blood in their lifeless bodies. The ground has developed an epidermal layering of dust that feels like crust that has been dried and crushed.

I stand up and turn towards the entrance when I see 'him' standing at the other end of the pool. My initial reaction is not one of surprise but more of happiness as I see another person entering the place that I have held sacred for so long. He looks about the same height as me and is wearing a black suit with a white shirt. The Ray Ban's on his face reflect the dull light of the sun and his posture is like that of a mannequin in an expensive boutique for men's clothing. As he turns to walk towards me, I notice the hilt of a blade sticking out of the back of his suit. Another blade wielder in this place? Surely he will understand what I am going through and offer me a solution to the chaos that has turned this place of beauty into a blight.

My hopes are shattered in an instant as I see his left hand reach for the hilt as he approaches me. He does not run and is engaged in a slow walk around the pool. My eyes are now fixated on this stranger who has until now not said a word and is slowly walking towards me with what can only be ill intentions. I dust my hands and beg for mercy under my breath but I know it only wasted on the dust and the emptiness of the trees around me. This place will never forgive me for what I have done to it. A tear starts to form in my right eye as he approaches. This place has never made me cry before, then again, there is a first time for everything. He is now approaching me and is but a short distance away when he points his hand at me and makes a gesture for a duel. I haven't moved an inch since he started moving towards me but I know this does not end well. I take out both my katanas and stand my ground. My societal upbringing an hate for everything normal has forced my mastery of the ways of the blade to use my left hand more than my right. It will all be inconsequential if I let this stranger win now.

He assumes an attack stance and points his blade towards me. As a sign of respect, I keep both my hands at my sides and do not raise either blade. We stand in silence ... accepting each others presence.

My hands are starting to get tired and I am sure that he is aware of this. It is in that instant that he moves his left foot forward and tries to swiftly move the blade towards me. A mistake ...

I parry the blade away effortlessly and ask him to leave but they are once again wasted words as he tries to hit me with his fists. I cut him once and push him away with the hopes that he will realize his defeat and leave this place but my assailant shares the same veracity that I do for never giving up. He moves towards me once again and tries to push me into the dry pool. I take a step in it and hear the dry mud crunch under my feet. In that instant, I realize that I have had enough and this has to end. I beckon him nearer and as he approaches, I move my right hand to hit him and my left hand follows to cut his right wrist off. He falls to the ground and starts to grimace in pain as I watch. I drop both my blades to the ground and go for his neck. As I feel his neck tighten in my hands I feel a powerful rush of euphoria flow in me and I begin to smile and laugh ecstatically. I bang his head on the floor a few times to knock him unconscious before realizing that I would rather have him alive as he enjoyed his last few minutes of existence. His body goes limp and collapses.

I stand up and wipe the sweat off my brow. During the entire struggle, his glasses never came off his face. I remove them and take a few steps back as I see his face. The shock that I experience is quickly replaced by a sense of understanding what needs to be done. I begin working as his body, chopping each part into smaller pieces; these will make good fodder for the trees. Nightfall comes soon and by the time I am done, I am left standing in a pool of slush that is a combination of blood and bones. I get out of the pool with a renewed sense of faith, everything is going to be alright and I know it.

It is never easy to kill yourself ...

Music listened to while writing this blog - Dirty Dot feat. Colleen Kelly - Heart of Pain (Montago's Funk n' Trance Mix)
Mood - Incessant

3 comments:

  Mithun Ivalkar

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I know how that feels.. I guess killing ourself and renewing the essence of our lives is possibly the most difficult thing.. I think it is much difficult than the grief of letting someone go as well. Good post buddy. I know why you wrote this.

  Alisha Coelho

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

if there's a deeper meaning, it's lost on me :l

  Proseaholics

Saturday, October 10, 2009

The fear of dying eliminates the essence of living.

Sad, but true.

Nice post btw.